Monday, June 06, 2005

Our Pastor is leaving

Yesterday our pastor informed us that he had been called to another church. He and his wife will be leaving at the end of the month. They've been with us for 11 years and it will be hard to say goodbye but I understand that when God tells you it's time to move then you have to move.

I've decided to make them goodbye gifts. I'm making him a tie from #10 crochet thread in dark blue. I might make 2 in different styles, I don't know yet. I have one started, it's just simple hdc but the color is really pretty.

I'm making his wife a pineapple shawl in Homespun, color Candy Apple. It's a gorgeous red and red is her favorite color. She's quite a bit smaller than me so I will be able to use a smaller hook, I'm just trying to decide whether to use a I or a J. I used a K on mine. I have 5 skeins of the yarn just in case, I'd rather have too much than not enough and I can always find something to do with any leftovers.

Anyway, even though it'll be hard to lose them hopefully they'll enjoy my gifts and we'll get another pastor as loving as he is.

God always knows what He's doing so I'll just trust that He has already sent another pastor our way, we just have to find him.

I will post pictures of the gifts as soon as I get them done, I've only just started on the tie.

No comments: