Thursday, June 23, 2005

I jumped on

The shrug bandwagon. It's surprising how fast these little things work up. I picked up a couple of skeins of yarn that I've had for *mumble, mumble* too long. One is a very pretty turquoise yarn and kind of soft, there's only a partial skein of it. The other is a varigated in mostly purples and teals. I had a full 3-3½ oz skein of the varigated and thought I had another so I set out to start the shrug this morning. I used the turquoise to start the sleeve then switched to the varigated when I got to the body. When I got low on the varigated I looked around for the other skein I thought I had and couldn't find it. I knew I had some more of this color somewhere and finally found it, in a throw I was going to frog anyway since I didn't have enough of any of the colors in it to finish it and wouldn't be able to get them anywhere either, that's how long I've had this yarn.

Anyway, I frogged the throw back to where I could get the varigated off and it's about another full skein so I rolled it up, now to see about finishing it.

I'm thinking about doing something with the sleeves, I left them short but they're kinda plain so I'm going to scratch my head about what I'm going to do with them. I'm also going to be getting another color that coordinates with all the ones I'm already using and make a little shawl collar on it too. I'm hoping to finish before Sunday so I can wear it to church, it should be just right for keeping my shoulders warm, they keep the temp a little chilly in there.

Anyway, let's get back to shrugging along ;)

No comments: