Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Homespun Pineapple Shawl

Finished my shawl and it's sooooooooo snuggly. I used Lion Brand Homespun in Metropolis and a K hook. It'll be really comfy in late fall/early winter or if the a/c in church is cooling a little too well.

Here it is, I had to put something light under it so that you could see the pattern better:





I'm going to make one more that I know of, for my secret pal for her birthday. It's not till August so I have plenty of time.

Now to get back to the pillowghan.

10 comments:

'THAT CROCHET GUY!!' said...

Great work!!!

Looks like you adapted a doily pattern.

Ken
http://picturetrail.com/kenjones5

Chatty said...

Thanks, Ken

Yeah, I did adapt a doily pattern but I wasn't the first.

It's right here:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PineFan.html

The only corrections are you only need 16 dc on the first rnd and 34 on the 3rd rnd, including the starting ch-3

Rebecca said...

very very pretty!!!

Jewels said...

this is just so pretty! How much Homespun did you use?

Nancy said...

This is just beautiful!! Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

Chatty said...

Thanks everyone.

It took 5 skeins of Homespun, 4 whole ones and about half of the 5th one with a K hook.

Heather said...

Those are so nice! I would love to see it one to get an idea of size and how it lays. You did a great job and the pattern shows up so nice and the color is wonderful.

Chatty said...

Thanks Heather, the 2 I made fit me with room to spare and I wear a 16-18 so I'm a pretty good sized woman.

I'd put them at around an X-large to a 1X-large.

Unknown said...

Very Beautiful, but I am a little confused. (don't take much to do it either) LOL Anyway, the link you gave "That crochet guy" was the link to the original doily pattern, correct? Did you post the instructions on how you adapted the pattern to become the beautiful shawl? I would love to see it, especially if I somehow missed it. Thanks.

UmmAli said...

The link was removed it there anyway to get the pattern on a different site