Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Birthday & Christmas Prezzies

These next 3 were gifts for friends of mine. The first one is an afghan called Cables done holding one strand of gold yarn and one strand of amethyst yarn together and using a size Q hook. It was a birthday present for my very good friend who lives in Scotland. The little dog is mine, she's a camera hog *Grin*.

The other two are called Granny's Garden, I can't remember which book I got it from but I know it's from Red Heart. They're a version of the granny square starting in the middle and working your way out. The red/gray one was sent to Ohio and the burgundy/white one went to my son in law.

As always, you can click the thumbnails for a bigger picture.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love them all. I love the colors in the burgundy and white. Great job!

Chatty said...

Thank you, I enjoyed making them all and seeing the look on my friend's face when he opened his on webcam for me made it all worthwhile.

Deneen said...

I love the cable chain one. Now, can you share the basic idea for the pattern, two strands together with the Q hook, now what stitch????

Deb said...

Chatty! Love the afghans! Good job! and your blog looks great too.

Woven Spun said...

I can't see any pictures. I tried Mozilla and IE 6.02 Can anyone tell me why I can't see pictures?

Chatty said...

Deneen, it's all hdc, you work on the length of the afghan instead of the width, make your chain then hdc across. Ch 1 to turn, then make your next row of hdc in the horizontal lp under the top lp of the prev hdc, leaving the top lps free on the other side to make the chains.

Thank you, Deb, wove n spun, I don't know why you can't see the pics. I use Netscape for my browser.