Tuesday, June 14, 2005

UFO/Detangling

I've been slowly but steadily going through that 35 gallon tote of UFOs and tangled yarn. I started around 7pm last night and went till 10 when we went to bed. I started up again about 7 this morning and it's just past noon now and I'm making some headway. I bought one of those 20 quart stacking drawer things from the Dollar General store last week and am filling it up with the yarn I'm winding. It's almost full with tiny to pretty good size cakes of yarn and there's still a lot left to untangle. I'm still not sure if I want to try untangling the #10 thread, I'll decide when I get more yarn out of the bunch. If I can wind it several times around my hand I'll keep it cause I can use it in the small granny squares I'm making for my dummy. It doesn't take much to make the first round so there isn't any reason to throw away the small bits unless they're really tiny.

I've been thinking that when/if I get through with my dummy I've been toying with the idea of trying scrumbles with what's left, I should have a lot to play with and should get some interesting textures. That's one reason I'm thinking about trying to untangle the thread because I can use it in the scrumbles since there aren't any rules to scrumbles/freeform crochet.

Anyway, I was just taking a small break before I finished winding the latest yarn I pulled from the tangle so I better get back to it.

No comments: