Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Frogging the first sweater

I got the sweaters washed and took a look at the blue one to see about getting it apart. It looked like the sides were chain-stitched together and all I had to do was find the right end and start unraveling. The only obstacle I've found is that the neckline and sleeve tops have been serged so I cut just below the serge and get that part off then start frogging until I find the end I need. The rest goes pretty fast, frog it all out and start rolling it up. I have 2 softball size balls of beautiful light blue yarn so far just from the sleeves, I'm about to go after the front and back. I think I'll just let the neck ribbing go, it doesn't look like I'll get much out of it anyway.

So what am I going to make with it? Well there's a pattern here that makes a lovely shawl when done in yarn. I'll have to see if I have enough after frogging the front and back of the sweater to make one. There's a pink one here which was done with a N hook and worsted weight yarn. The yarn in this sweater looks more like sport weight yarn so I won't be using that big of a hook, I'll just have to experiment and see what looks best.

We'll see if I even have enough yarn from the sweater first.

No comments: