Friday, April 29, 2005

The socks are coming along

I've finished the top ribbing, I went for 2" and it looks like it will be enough. Now I'm working on the leg, which could take a little while since I've decided I want knee socks out of this yarn. They'll be a little thicker since I'm using Simply Soft but they should be warm this winter. The color is striping fairly well, it's Baby Ombre and I think the pastel colors will look interesting on knee socks, we'll see. I may have to do some shaping down past the calf so the socks won't be too big around the ankle but I'll worry about that when I get to it, I'm a fairly good knitter so I should be able to figure out what to do.

Since I know I can work this method so far I'm putting it down for a bit so I can get to work on the other crocheted sock I started, I want to finish it by Sunday so I can wear the socks to church-should get some interesting reactions, doncha think?

After I finish the other crocheted sock I also need to finish the purple pillowghan and send it off, plus I need to finish the babyghan before the 14th so I better get a move on.

I was going to keep the pillowghan a surprise but I also wanted to be sure the person getting it would like it so when I caught him on MSN this morning I asked him if he wanted to see what I had so far and he said ok. He said he probably wouldn't be able to tell what it was anyway since he knew nothing about crocheting but I think he at least knows it's an afghan now and he not only likes it, he loves it (insert cheering smilie here) At least if the WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the red heart that popped up on my MSN after he got a look at it was anything to go by.

Anyway, I was curious about whether I could use this technique or not and since it looks like I can I'll put it down and it'll be my next project to work on along with the other rose afghan I'll be making. More on that when I get started on it, it'll be quite interesting to see how all the colors look together on that one.

No comments: