Saturday, May 09, 2009

KnitPicks

I wish I had more money than I do-I really like Knitpicks, especially for sock yarn-the merino is so soft and they have such pretty colors, and the price is at least half the price of the lowest-priced comparable yarn that I've seen anywhere else. I guess selling your own brand, over the internet, and cutting out the middleman helps to keep the price really low so those of us who love the soft, natural yarn can afford to buy it-as long as we don't mind waiting for about a week after putting the order in to get it. That's just using regular FedEx, but really, I don't mind waiting, I have other things to do.

Anyway, I've loaded my cart up again, this time with some different Essentials-the multi and tweeds, plus added in a couple of #1 (2.5mm) circs and a couple of #3 circs while I was at it so I could try out some other patterns I found that call for those sizes. I decided on the larger of the two sizes of #1s, mainly because the difference in mm (.25) to me, is negligable and I have a slightly larger foot than normal anyway, and I don't like my socks to be too snug. Of course, with other people, YMMV.

So, I haven't placed the order yet, I've just loaded my cart up-I have to wait until I can also load up the prepaid VISA card, and I don't have $63 right now ($60 + $3 fee) I should have it within a month though, and it may be awhile before I can order more stuff, so I might as well get it while I can. I do like being able to load my cart up with what I want, and seeing what it will cost, so I can know how much to put on the card and the stuff will stay in the cart until I either place the order or remove the stuff.

So, anyway, I think I'm through rambling about how much I like KnitPicks-for now.

No comments: