Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Note to Self:

Self: Do not put the needle in your sewing machine backwards-it'll skip stitches like crazy!

Shows how long it's been since I've sewn anything, doesn't it?

I thought I'd make myself a new outfit for Easter-nothing fancy-just a split skirt and a top, maybe a jacket if I can manage it.

First-I couldn't find the presser foot/power cord to my sewing machine. Then I got to thinking and dug a little deeper in the closet I looked in last night. I guess I didn't dig deep enough last night-I pulled some stuff out and found the presser foot in a box in the bottom of the closet.

I went to Wal-Mart early this morning and got some new thread and new needles for my machine but when I started sewing it skipped stitches like crazy. I looked at everything and when nothing worked I got to looking at my needle.

Another note to Self: The flat side of the needle is supposed to point away from you when you insert it into the machine.

No comments: