Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Future Sewing Project

I have always wanted to try making a peasant skirt and knew it would probably be easy-the only hard part would be making the tiers the right size. I really didn't want to buy a pattern to do this so I've put it off.

That is, until I was browsing around, searching free sewing projects. I found free instructions for constructing a peasant skirt-complete with a calculator that takes your largest measurement-usually the hip-and calculates the pieces for two different lengths. Then it instructs you in how to construct the skirt. It's found here in case anyone's interested in trying it themselves.

I have some material here at the house, I just need to find time to iron the wrinkles out of it and get it ready to use.

I'm not sure when I'm going to do this but I know I'm going to give it a try sometime in the near future.

No comments: