Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I have an idea

All of the instructions (that I've found) for making two socks at once using Magic Loop have said to start with the figure eight cast on. I don't like that cast on-I could never do it right-it's the reason I haven't tried knitting two socks at once-Magic Loop or with two circs. Well, if you can do two socks at once with Magic Loop and figure eight cast on then why can't you do two socks at once with Magic Loop using provisional cast on? I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a circular needle the right size and length but I will soon-I'm going to splurge at my LYS and get an Addi Turbo in size 1 and the longest they have. I'm going to try it out with some cheap acrylic first to see if it works and then I might post instructions on how to do it.

Personally, I like the short row toe to the other type of toe up pattern anyway, it looks neater.

Stand by, more to come when I've tried it.

On another note, a friend of mine from Bavaria is going to send me some sock yarn-I can't wait-and I'm trying to think of what to do for her in return. I have an idea-hopefully she'll like it.

No comments: