Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Amazing socks

Lion Brand Amazing yarn is just...amazing. They say it's a 4 weight, but it's really a bit thick and thin and not quite as thick as a WW. It's 53% wool and 47% acrylic, but it's really soft and squishy and fuzzy.

I'm making a pair of socks out of a ball using size 3 dpns. I'm just using a basic SS pattern and am on the leg portion right now, but I can already tell that they're going to be warm and cozy. The color I'm using is called Cobblestone. It's stripes of browns and tans that look really nice. Here's a shot of the leg of the sock:

Beautiful, isn't it?

I know Amazing isn't sock yarn, but I just couldn't help myself. When I got it, all I could think of was "Socks, socks, socks..."

Yes, I have 1x1 ribbing. I like it better than 2x2. I'll put up more pictures when the sock is farther along.

No comments: