Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dog Hoodie

Dog Hoodie

I'm making this for my miniature Basset Hound. There are some things I'm doing/going to do different with this pattern though.

I'm using a circular needle in a size 9 or 10 (I think-there is no place on them that indicates size-they're the Boye circular)

I'm using RHSS yarn in Linen-a medium beige color.

I've reversed the order of the decreases in the hood-the left-slanting SSK is supposed to go on the right side of your work and the right-slanting K2TOG is supposed to go on the left side of your work.

Also, where she stops (just after the ribcage) leaves half a dog uncovered-that won't do-so I'm going to dec some sts (not sure yet how many) and simply work in K1P1 ribbing until it reaches her tail and put it together up to where her back legs are. For a male, you would want to put it together and leave a space for his wee ;)

Depending on how many sts are on my needles, I might get to work some of this in the round since I'm using a circular needle-I'll see. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the progress-it's a nice little basic doggie sweater, it just needs a few mods. I'm also debating just putting some ribbing around the leg openings instead of sleeves-and I can do that with magic loop-so I don't have to go out and buy any DPNs that I might not use again.

No comments: